The Manager, Customer Success is accountable for overseeing a Technical Account Management team that is responsible for delivering world-class customer service to NICE CXone's key customers. Specifically, this position is responsible for building, mentoring, developing and leading a team of Technical Account Managers (TAMs). This position supports the TAMs in building long-term relationships with new and existing customers by leveraging appropriate company resources to meet their immediate needs, ensuring the resolution of technical issues, proposing enhancements to products and/or services, and helping them to use NICE CXone technology/products more effectively. The manager helps the team achieve its goals of industry-leading customer satisfaction, reference ability, and retention. This position also assists executives in defining organizational goals and strategic plans that ensure customer success, help the company grow, and build a positive, winning culture. This position is a customer-facing position chartered with engaging customers in a consultative capacity and providing specialized expertise around NICE CXone products, the contact center industry, and other contact center ecosystem topics including CRM, telecommunications infrastructure, analytics, social media, and others. The manager will be responsible for both technical and business tasks including managing customer expectations and satisfaction, coaching TAMs who configure NICE CXone products based on best practices and customer requirements, coordinating inter-departmental activities within NICE CXone, tracking time and status within NICE CXone systems, and other tasks related to the success of his or her engagement.
- Provide direction to TAMs who are providing technical configuration, programming, database design, and management/coordination of changes to existing applications
- Provide process, data and object modeling in a variety of application and database environments
- Provide technical architecture leadership, analysis, design, development, and enhancement
- Maintain expertise and currency in industry-leading contact center technologies
- Determine the need for and provide proposals for projects to improve business operations and effectiveness
- Develop costing proposals for projects, perform risk analysis, and manage change control
- Provide business analysis, business area assessment, user needs analysis and business systems design for major projects
- Conduct comprehensive cost/benefit analysis and prepare business cases for projects
- Present a professional image in conduct, attitude and attire
- Assist with the development of client information management standards and evaluation of technology trends
- Contribute to business area assessment, user needs analysis and business systems design
- Assist with comprehensive cost/benefit analysis and preparation of business cases for new projects
- Supervise and mentor a team of direct reports consisting of Associate, Staff, and Senior-level Technical Account Managers
- Provide leadership to individuals on team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the department's goals and objectives
- Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, coaching and discipline of employees within the department
- Perform annual merit reviews, quarterly reviews, and monthly or bi-weekly 1:1s.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- This position requires travel (up to 30%)
- This is an "on-call" position. You may receive calls 24X7 and are expected to be available unless otherwise engaged with another client or on a scheduled vacation
- Support the Technical Account Managers' efforts with clients, helping them succeed
- Manage the assignment of new accounts to Technical Account Managers
- Maintain and disseminate a working knowledge of competitive product lines to the team in order to leverage the technical strengths and weaknesses of the competitor's products to develop more qualified opportunities
- Provide assistance and coaching to Technical Account Managers enabling them to proactively and effectively identify customer needs and overcome objections to proposed solutions by performing technical benefits assessment for customers and gaining detailed understanding of their environment
- Oversee the development, administration, regular analysis and timely follow up of client satisfaction surveys
- Ensure that Technical Account Managers are tracking customer enhancement requests, participating in improving knowledgebase content, and are achieving their goals
- Measure progress/success of each Technical Account Manager via tracking of customer satisfaction, client retention, reference ability and revenue growth
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and NICE CXone policies and procedures at all times
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of NICE CXone
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or similar field equivalent work required.
- 7+ years experience in customer service, call/contact center, and/or service delivery
- 7+ years of Enterprise (Fortune 500) experience in Service Management
- 3+ years experience in building high-performance teams
- Experience leading a remote team
- In-depth NICE CXone product knowledge
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- In-depth familiarity with Excel
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Quantitative and statistical analysis skills
- Exceptional Customer facing skills
- Working technical knowledge of contact center software/design/functionality.
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced environment and meeting customer time constraints.
- Project management skills, and the ability to perform as a team player and leader.
- Ability to resolve complex and diverse issues and perform tasks and management.
- Demonstrated experience working independently with little to no daily supervision
- Implementation: broad skills in both technology & analysis; experience in communicating at a technical and functional level while managing business rapport
- Business Optimization: great skills around business analysis/call centers; experience in the KPIs and best practices of call centers and their operations
- Education & Enablement: professional and confident public presence; experience in commanding large audiences as a trainer and/or speaker
- Engineering Services: deep skills in specialized technical & functional areas; deeply technical expertise in software engineering, programming languages, integration, and/or databases
- Working with Enterprise level accounts
- Network and Telecom experience
- Analytical, inquisitive, service & team-oriented, friendly demeanor, early adopter.